Construction has now begun at the site of the new Chermside Health Hub along the intersection of Gympie Road and Rode Road, following the sod-turning ceremony in July 2021.
The new medical facility will be a three-storey centre that will house integrated health services like general practice, bariatric surgery, radiology, and a pharmacy. The site is expected to meet the growing demands for health services in the area.
Cornerstone Healthcare Property Fund director Simon Heazlewood said that they are delighted to finally proceed with the construction whilst the final negotiations with healthcare practitioners are ongoing. Mr Heazlewood said that they are confident more interest will pick up once the site comes together.
CHP Fund tapped Merrin and Cranston for the construction project. At least 150 jobs will be created during the construction phase whilst the hub will employ over 100 medical and support services staff once it’s operational.
Depending on the groups or individuals that would lease spaces, the Chermside Health Hub could also have a day surgery or a short-stay facility. The building was designed with a Class 9a healthcare building classification from the National Construction Code.
The site will boast of the following unique points of difference from other facilities:
- Unbeatable location and exposure to grow a doctor’s practice
- Supported by experienced Health Business Specialists with expertise in healthcare and health project delivery
- Flexible options to suit – your practice, your way
- Prominent, access friendly location
- Abundant parking onsite including tenant secure parking
- Medical class building for optimal patient care and safety
- Architectural excellence delivering abundant natural light
- Prominent signage opportunities available
“If the past 18 months have shown us anything, it is the importance of quality healthcare and services,” Councillor Fiona Hammond, who was at the sod-turning ceremony, said. “The Hub is placed within walking distance of both the Prince Charles and St Vincent’s Private Hospital and will feature state-of-the-art facilities.”
“Demand for health services will only increase over coming years so it is terrific to have this new facility in the Northgate Ward,” Councillor Adam Allan said.
The Chermside Health Hub is expected to open in late 2022.